I've finally scanned the photos I took of my "adventure" locating, clearing & recording this private cemetery. I had submitted my typed inscription to the VA GenWeb years ago, and have now put the photos online as well.
Buried in this cemetery are Jeremiah Bailey and his wife Mary Anderson, and their son Benjamin Watkins Bailey along with several of his wives -- others buried there too -- see the listing & photos on the webpage.
Notes about this Bailey family:
Jeremiah Bailey probably is the son of Benjamin Bailey (b. ca 1755 August Co., VA; d. ca 1813, possibly in Chesterfield Co., VA) and Ann Elizabeth Watkins (b. ca 1764; d. ca 1812-1813, possibly in Chesterfield Co., VA).
Jeremiah (b. 2 June 1784; d. 9 Apr 1925) married ca 1804 to Mary Watkins Anderson (b. 7 Mar 1786, Prince Edward Co., VA; d. 4 June 1784). They had 5 children:
1) Jordon Bailey (b. 15 Nov 1806; d. 31 May 1884)
2) Benjamin Watkins Bailey (b. 12 Feb. 1814, Amelia Co., VA; d. 13 Oct. 1899, Amelia Co., VA.)
3) Elizabeth Ann Bailey (b. 5 Mar 1816; d. 8 Dec 1899)
4) Richard Thomas Bailey (b. 15 Mar 1821; d. 21 May 1899)
5) Mary Frances Bailey (b. 30 Sep 1825; d. 7 Mar 1918).
Here is the link to this cemetery page:
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|