In reviewing some of my documents on Julius, I came across this one... it says Julius was married to Frances Blackburn and that she is the daughter of Josiah Hackney Blackburn.
Julius was born about 1798 in Kentucky and died after
1890. He was the son of Benjamin Kirk and Hezekiah Webb. Benjamin was born about 1765 in Virginia and died before 1805 in Shelby Co. Ky. --- He was the son of Thomas Kirk and Margot Duncan. I don't know if this was his first marrige or not, but Julius married Francis Blackburn who was born about 1817 the daugh. of Josiah Hackney Blackburn. The 1860 census shows Julius Kirk 60 of Ky. and Francis 59 of N.C. I found Julius later on Benton County tax records for 1890 in school district No.76 (Shady Grove) in Benton Co. Ar. Julius had the following family
(1) Elizabeth Kirk (b) don't know --- married William Mayfield Feb. 21, 1805 in Shelby Co. Ky.
(2) Margaret Kirk (b) don't know --- married James Hamilton Dec. 17, 1818 in Shelby Co. Ky.
(3) Mary Polly Kirk (said to have died very young)
(4) Martha Patsy Kirk (b) don't know --- married Tilly Hatton April 13, 1821 in Lauderdale Co. Alabama
(5) Julius Kirk (b) about 1798 in Shelby Co. Ky.
I have a copy of the origional document where Patsy and
Julius who were under guardianship of Henry Townsend and they requested that the guardianship be released on Nov. 13, 1819. It is my assumption that Julius must have been of age to have had
this request granted by the court of Shelby Co. Ky. --- there is no referance of why that he and Patsy were under guardianship, but it is my assumption that their parents were deceased. Anthony
So, I gues that ties me to the Blackburn family... since Francis was my Great Great Great grandmother...
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|