I have three George Cherry's in my files. However none of them were born in 1800. The oldest George Cherry I have was born in 1755 in Co. Antrim, Ireland. He married Jennet Chesnut, daughter of David Chesnut and Jennet Brown. Jennet Chesnut was born about 1760 in Ireland. George and Jennet had at least three children:
1. Jane who married William Anderson,
2. George who was born in 1782 in South Carolina and married a Margaret H. around 1805,
3. David who was born about 1788 in South Carolina and married Sarah Johnston around 1819.
David Cherry migrated to Monroe Co., Indiana around 1833 where he first shows up on 7 Sept. 1833 when he joined the Associate Reformed Presbyterian church in Bloomington. His wife Sarah was born about 1786 in Ireland and is the daughter of John Johnston and Elizabeth Harbison.
David and Sarah had the following children:
2. Eliza A. who was born about 1820
3. John Johnston who was born in 1821 and married Anna J. Crabb on Christmas Day of 1860 in Monroe Co., Indiana
4. Mary A. who was born about 1822 and married William Wylie on 21 Sept 1852 in Monroe Co., Indiana
5. Margaret who was born 8 June 1823
6. George who was born about 1828 and married Mary V. Buskirk on 4 July 1859 in Monroe Co. Indiana.
7. Martha who was born about 1830.
The eldest George Cherry died in Chester Co., South Carolina before 1 July 1806. And the youngest George died in Monroe Co., Indiana on 11 Dec 1873 and is buried in the Liberty/Colvin/Floyd Cemetery in Bean Blossom Twp., Monroe Co., Indiana. I don't know when or where the middle George died.
I hope that helps. Do you know who your George's wife is? Or who his parents are? Given the connection between the Cherry's and Chesnut's it would seem likely that your George Cherry who is the picture with the young man named Chestnut would be some relation to the Cherry's I have outlined above. But what that connection would be, at this time I don't know.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|