Children of John Hamby who appears in census of Greenville Co., SC from 1790-1840.
The copy of the Hamby papers I have must be outdated as I show an almost completely different list of children. My list of children comes from the estate settlement, which was brought on when Benjamin G Hamby petitioned the Court for sale and division of the property. Estate settlement covers 1865-1871. Children listed:
1. Samuel Hamby Ga. Listed in census of Pickens
Co., Ga. 1860/1870.
2. John Hamby's heirs Ga. Census of Lumpkin Co., Ga.**
3. Ezekiel Hamby Ga. Listed 1840 Benton Co., Al.
1850 Lumpkin Co., Ga.
1860 Calhoun Co., Al.
Notation- -lives Pelham. Assume he may have moved to Pelham, Al. (Southside of B'ham).
4. Sally & James Massy 1850 Greenville Co., SC
5. Smith Hamby 1850/60 G'ville Co., SC
6. Stephen Hamby's heirs 1850 Greenville, SC
1860 heirs-G'ville, SC*
7. Benjamin G. Hamby 1850/60 G'ville SC
8. Mary Hamby 1850/60 G'ville SC*
* in 1860-the heirs of Stephen are listed in h/h of
**John died 1852--heirs listed 1860 Dawson Co., Ga.
Dawson was formed from Lumpkin Co. during 1850's.
Note-Benjamin G. Hamby was the high bidder. Ken
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|