I have several references to a Dempsey Casey in Perquimans Co. NC that I am trying to document he is the son of Dempsey Casey Sr. in Currituck Co. NC . Dempsey the younger was born in 1798. Married Mary Chancy, the da. of Edmund and Sarah Casse Chancy of Pasquotank prior to March of 1821.
I do not have access to the 1820 Perquimans Census if there is one. I would like to know if D.C. is listed in it.
This is what I have so far and would appreciate any input that would confirm who he was kin to in that area. All my research as been in the Pasquotank Co. and Currituck area for this Casey family.
PERQUIMANS CO. NC. DEMPSEY CASEY RECORDS
Our Dempsey Casey b. 1798 married Mary Chancy by March of 1821 for Sarah Elizabeth Casey to be born Dec. 21, 1821. Are the following records our Dempsey Casey or another?
1. House built on Church St. Lot #31 in Hertford township of Perquimans Co. NC circa. 1820. Have book article on house 301 Church St. Pictures by Genie Padrick.
2. Have 1824 Deed of Alfred Moore to Dempsey Casey Perq. Co. NC for lot #31 in Hertford township which confirms a more accurate date of the house building.
3. 1821 Capt. Caleb Elliot’s 4th Militia Regiment of Perquimans Co. NC. Order given by
Theo Barrow, pursuant to Wm. Goodman’s orders among others. Going after runaway slaves.
4. Bible records recorded from Dempsey Casey Sr.’s Bible in 1893 into William G.
Casey’s bible show three children born to Dempsey and Mary Chancy Casey:
4a. Sarah Elizabeth Casey b. Dec. 5, 1821
4b. Mary Francis Casey b. Apr. 3, 1823
4c. James Henry Casey b. Aug. 2, 1824
5. Willis Casey Dec. 26, 1824 Will mentions his granddaughter Mary Casey leaving us to
believe that Mary Chancy is still alive at the time the Will is written.
6. Dempsey Casey of Hertford deed selling Lot #31 to Benjamin Berry Feb. 14, 1826. No
wife signing her dower rights away, so believe Mary is dead if this IS the same
7. Dempsey Casey is listed in Capt. Elisha Burke’s Regt. in Perquimans Co. NC Militia in 1826
Going after runaway slaves. Called up March of 1826.
NOTE: Read thru all the Militia pages and D.Casey was the only Casey listed in any
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|