I have some informations about the Polson Family in Québec:
1. William Polson Sr., Parish: Mansfield born ca. 1762
entered service 1783 for Hudson's Bay Company, at the district and the post of Eastmain. He returned to Europe in
2. William Polson Jr. Parish: Eastmain born ca 1786, entered service for Hudson's Bay Co. in 1807 (see biographical sheet: http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/archives/hbca/biographical/p.fr.html)
He maried Elisabeth Flora l'Éveque dit Otermiakere (or Oteinakus) on july 23, 1838 in Abitibi. She was Algonquine (Anishnabe) William Polson died on february 27, 1873.
They had two children (that I found):
()Élisabeth Flora Polson, married with Angus McBride on july 17, 1847 at Maniwaki. Angus McBride was the son of Georges McBride and Louisa Lawipowite.
(2)Thomas Polson, born on June 01, 1836. He married:
- Mary (Algonquine) born ca 1837, died July 15,1872
(She is my great-great-great mother)
- Ellen Aubichon, married july 10, 1873
- Anjen Wetawessens married on november 04, 1883
- Francoise widow of Kitcipien, maried on april 03, 1893
Thomas Polson with his first marriage had 3 children:
Mary Polson born on August 15, 1862 (my great great mother) She married Edward Edwardson on June 01, 1878 at Grand Lac Victoria (Indian Algonquine reservation) Mary Polson had her Indian Status and my grand-father, her son, Angus Edwardson had his Indian Status too.
Alex Polson born on december 28, 1889
Willy Polson born on March 1895
The Polson family were and they are still with the band of Themiscamingue, (Notre-Dame-du-Nord) (Algonquin) (Anishnabe)
I hope that it's not too hard for you to read. English is my second language.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|