Sorry - cannot go back further for you on James Shingles, but have a link down the family tree to New Zealand.
We would really appreciate if you could give us some info on the 13 children... so that we can figure out who the unknown female Shingles was who married Mr Nisbet ... and so leading to our family line.
James Shingles m. Mary Ann Price (... Possibly Mary Ann has a brother Tom of Traralgon)
... James was a brickmaker
... left England 17/03/1849
... arrived Melbourne Maffra 06/1849>
Their children ... of which I have some names, some partial names and some missing ...
1. unknown female Shingles - married unknown male Nisbet <=== this is our link down
4. G? Shingles married unknown Green
5. C? Shingles married unknown Amey,
7. Percy C
10., 11., 12., 13. ???
The first child mentioned "unknown female Shingles m. Nisbet" had at least one child (maybe more)
1. Robert James Nisbet (b. Gypsland, Australia)
Robert Nisbet m. Flora McMillan (she was born Jan3, 1881 in Hokitika, New Zealand)
... I assume Robert moved to NZ where he met Flora...
They had at least one child
1. Eileen Marian Nisbet b. July 17, 1903 in Wellington, New Zealand
Eileen m. Fred Arthur Peacock (b. Jan 9, 1904 in Londonderry, Ireland)
They had two children - both living...
1. Nancy Peacock (b. Sep 3, 1927) m. George Clifford Simpson (b.Aug 1, 1917)
-> 4 children: Judith, Murray and Peter (twins), Trevor
2. Beverley Peacock (b. Dec 5, 1936) m. Vaughan Bernard Trevor Francis (b. Jul 24, 1921)
-> 6 children (1 adopted) Gary, Alistair, Christopher, Heather (adopted), Leo and Ruth (twins)
Cherie King (wife of Christopher Francis)
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|