My mother's LEWIS/WOOD line goes back to an Isaac BRACKEN & Rachel STALLCOP m. 31 Aug 1769, Old Swedes Church, Wilmington, DE. Their daughter, Rachel BRACKEN, married Peter Mankins and were supposedly from NC area.
Is it possible that that Isaac is listed in your Stalcup History Book? This line is very thin at this time but I think I can provide a few more names that might help in your lookup. I would like to learn more about these people. I noticed the trend of NC>TN>AR>OK.
1. Isaac BRACKEN m. Rachel STALLCUP
2. Rachel BRACKEN m. Peter MANKINS, NC
3. Peter MANKINS, Jr. m. Amanda Narcissa MILLS, AR
4. Mary "Rachel" MANKINS (~1837 W. River, Washington Co., AR) m. Wm Riley BALLARD in Fayetteville, Washington, AR, 1855
5.Nancy Jane BALLARD m. Nelson Atwater WOOD, 22 Oct 1874, AR.
6. Sarah "Rose" Etta Maude WOOD m. Benjamin Harrison LEWIS of Pulaski Co., AR? and moved west to California during the dustbowl. Their daughter Audrey Cozella LEWIS b. 1914, Okemah, Okfuskee, OK was my Maternal Great Grandmother and died in Vallejo, CA in 1985. Benjamin died in Oakdale, CA 1976. His family is also sketchy.
Any lead you might be able to provide would be appreciated.
Beth Blote <firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com>
cc: Winifred (Lewis) Kelly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|