John E. Patterson and Ann Ferrell of Cannon County, Tennessee.
Hello PATTERSON cousins and researchers; I am compiling a PATTERSON Ancestry Lineage for my first cousins, PATTERSONS. (5 sons of Tracy Lee Patterson and Sybil Annette MARBLE). I would like to share what I have already compiled, (sources and references at Roots Web Database). Also, like contact with other researchers who can provide additions, and corrections and source references for my PATTERSON genealogy data.
From DeCody Brad Marble
Web Page: Enoch M. Patterson and Lathana Kersey, Cannon County, Tennessee
At Rootsweb: Marble's Ancestors Database
JOHN E. PATTERSON was born Abt. 1790 in Tennessee or South Carolina, and died Bef. 1870 in Cannon County, Tennessee. He married ANN FERRELL Abt. 1815 in Tennessee, daughter of JOHN FERRELL and ANNIE. She was born 1794 in Tennessee or Virginia and died Bef. 1870 in Cannon County, Tennessee.
Half Acre Farm, State Route, 146, near Short Mountain, Cannon County, Tennessee, West of the De Kalb, County line. This is a Century Farm, 100 years of continuous agricultural production, State of Tennessee, Department of Agriculture. Half Acre Farm is Cannon County's oldest farm. The original home built by the founder in the early nineteenth century still stands on the land today.
Hale’s Half Acre Farm was founded in 1823 by John E. Patterson and his wife Ann Ferrell Pattterson. The farm produced corn, sugar-cane, wheat, oats, hay, tobacco, and cotton and supported chickens, pigs, sheep, horses, mules and cattle. John and Ann had six children.
Source: Hale’s Half Acre Farm by Kenneth Garrett and Sara Marie Garrett
Children of JOHN PATTERSON and ANN FERRELL are:
(1) ROBERT PATTERSON was born 1815 in Tennessee, and died Bef. 1880 in Cannon County, Tennessee.
He married CAROLINE BURGER May 13, 1841 in Cannon County, Tennessee.
(2) JOHN PATTERSON, b. 1819, Tennessee; d. Bef. 1860, Tennessee; m. SUZANA BURGER.
(3) NANCY PATTERSON, b. 1822.
Note: There is a marriage record of a Nancy Patterson, Spouse: MILTON WARD, Marriage: 24 DEC 1838, Cannon, Tennessee.
(4) ENOCH M2 PATTERSON was born December 23, 1824 in Tennessee, and died September 18, 1911. He married LATHANA KERSEY July 27, 1841 in Cannon County, Tennessee, daughter of JOHN KERSEY. She was born March 25, 1825 in Virginia, and died December 08, 1883 in Cannon County, Tennessee.
(5) LEE PATTERSON was born February 1826 in Tennessee, and died December 31, 1862 in Murfreesboro, Rutherford County, Tennessee. He married MARY DAVIS 1847 in De Kalb County, Tennessee. She was born 1826. Lee Patterson, Feb 1826 - 31 Dec 1862, was in Company A, 16th Tennessee Infantry Regiment. He was killed in action at the Battle of Murfreesboro from "a ball in the center of his forehead."
1860 Residence: Smithville, DeKalb County, Tennessee.
(6) ANN PATTERSON, b. 1827, Tennessee.
Note: There is a marriage record of a Ann Patterson and Spouse: WILLIAM DENBY, Marriage: 28 JUN 1845, Cannon, Tennessee.
(7) HARVEY P. PATTERSON was born November 05, 1833 in Warren County, Tennessee, and died May 03, 1891. He married AMERICA HICKS December 22, 1853 in De Kalb County, Tennessee.
1850 and 1860 Residence: Smithville, DeKalb County, Tennessee.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|