I found a Jefferson Turner listed in some court records as the son of Jeanette Turner.
In a summary of Chancery Court Records 1844-1894, transcribed by Reba Boyer, (1980)
H.H. Turner died 1871 possessed with 480 acres except 160 vested to Jane Turner about 1868 in a divorce.
It was very difficult in sorting out his children;
1. James, Hazier, Sarah Jane and Nancy Wasson last two minors;
2. Dialtha Alexander dec'd, one share, her heirs Thomas and Alfred
3. Sarah Jane McDaniel, dec'd, her hiers Alice, Turner Alexander, and Andrew Johnson and perhaps one other child;
4. Emeline Decker dec'd and her heirs are Sarah Elizabeth, Charlotte T. WIlson and husband James, and Willie Emeline:
5. Jefferson son of Jeannette Turner dec'd
6. Sabel dau. of Elizabeth Turner dec'd;
7. Paralee Decker and husband William;
8. Alice Keltner and husband Isaac; being 8 full shares.
There is a Will for Hasbur H. Turner but it is not included in my book; 1820-1870.
You may get a copy from Joyce Reece. She does this for a fee.
In 1850 McMinn County, TN Census;
H. Turner 46, farmer, 1600 real estate value, born in TN
Margaret 26, Sarah 23, Elizabeth 16, Dialtha 13, Emeline 12,Jane 10, Nancy 7, Parallee 4, Infant (female) 1 month.
Turner, H.H. 51, (Male)
Elizabeth 23, Jennette P. 18, Nancy A. 16, Parallea T. 13, Cordelia A. 10
(looks like Jennette might be the Jane above and Cordelia might be the unnamed female.
# 111 / 113
Turner, H.H. 58, SC ?? said TN before???
First wife is next door with son-in-law and family;
# 112/ 114
Decker, William 35
Sarah 11, Tennessee 9, Emeline 5
Turner, Jane 60, Paraile 21, Cordela 18
This may or may not be your Jefferson Turner. He was the only one that I could find. I did not find his mother in 1870 or 1880. She must have moved away for awhile.
Hope this will help.
Mary Sue Mason
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|