Children of John Wright and Mary Bruer(Brewer) are:
1. Cynthia Wright was born Lunenberg, VA. She married Hartwell Moore, February 14, 1822
2. Phillip Wright was born abt. 1795 Lunenberg, VA. He married Susan Jackson April 27, 1818. She was born 1800 Lunenberg, Va. Her father was Jordan Jackson, mother Nancy Wright.
3. James Kenson Wright was born 1799, Lunenberg, VA. He married Malinda Todd, January 14, 1822. He married Elizabeth Douglas, b 1808, VA., January 9, 1843. James K. Wright was Deaf & Dumb.
4.L. Wright was born 1801 VA. He was an idiot and a pauper.
5. Nancy Wright married Nathaniel Barries(Barnes) November 2, 1824.
6. Jesse L. Wright was born 1803, Lunenberg, VA. He married Catherine Morris,May 5, 1829(A285). Security John Wright, her consent by gdn. Cornelius Turner(b: 1768, NC)
Witness Cintha & Robert S. Turner. She was born 1809 KY.
7. Sally Wright was born 1808 KY. Sally was Deaf & Dumb. No record of marriage.
8. Temperance Wright was born March 10, 1810 in KY. She died February 18,1888 in KY. She married Reubin Sherry October 26, 1829. He was born December 10, 1818 and died July 7, 1873. He was the son of John Sherry and Winnifred” Winnie” Horton.
9. Matilda Wright was born 1812 KY. She married William Taylor December 15, 1840.
10. Washington Wright was born Feb 16, 1814 Allen County KY, died August 4, 1890 Montgomery County IL. He married Louisa Willoughby December 24, 1835. They were divorced before 1848. She died 1886. He married Elizabeth Alderson March 8, 1848. She was born about 1819, died 1897, She was the daughter of William Alderson and Mary Orr. They are buried at Woodside Cemetery, Montgomery County, Illinois.
11. Wesley Wright was born KY. He married M. Mysanath Dodson November 3,1837. He married Mary McMurray July 20, 1840. (daughter of Mysanath(Misanah). On the 1860 census Wesley shows as a Baptist Minister.
12. William J. Wright born December 15, 1817 Allen County KY died August 24, 1874,married Nancy Dixon December 27, 1836 Rev. Thomas Lyes. She was born April 20, 1818 died July 26, 1893. She was the daughter of William Dixon II and Martha Patsy Ann Jackson.
THOMAS WILLIAM WRIGHT WAS THE SON OF JESSE AND CATHERINE.
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN WRIGHT WAS THE SON OF THOMAS WILLIAM WRIGHT AND ANN ELIZABETH PEARSON.
MAUDE LEE WRIGHT WAS THE DAUGHTER OF BENJAMIN AND AMANDA LEE
MILDRED PERDUE IS THE DAUGHTER OF MAUDE LEE WRIGHT AND JOHN HARVEY PERDUE.
I AM MILDRED PERDUE MACKEY
I HAVE MARRIAGE RECORDS OF THOMAS WRIGHT AND ELIZABETH PEARSON. JESSE WRIGHT AND CATHERINE MORRIS.
John Wright & Mary Bruer
Allen County Will Abstracts:
John Wright,Feb 13, 1844/May 18, 1849 Wife mentioned but not named. Dau: Cynthia Moore. Children: Philip Wright, James K. Wright, Nancy Barnes, Jesse Wright, Sally Wright, Temperance Sherry, Matilda Taylor, Washington W. Wright, Wesley Wright, William Wright.
Thomas Kiska email@example.com
Allen County KY Census 1830 Scottsville District Family #72 John Wright
Allen County KY Census 1830, James, Jesse, Phillip
Allen County KY Census 1840, James, Jesse, John, Phillip, Washington, William
Allen County KY Census 1850, James Kenson, Jesse L., Washington,
Allen County KY Census 1860, J.K., J.L., T.W., Washington
ALLEN CO, KY
DEED BOOK D 1826-1831
Sharon Tabor copyright 2003
Pg 122-123 This indenture made this 24th day of May 1828 between SAMUEL OXFORD and his wife NANCY of the county of Allen and state of Kentucky of the first part and JOHN WRIGHT of the county and state aforesaid of the second part ... in consideration of the sum of $500 current money of the commonwealth ... sell... unto the said JOHN WRIGHT ... parcel of land ... being in the county of Allen and state of Kentucky on the waters of the middle fork of Drakes creek ... bounded ... LEWIS READERS corner ... JOHN JOHNSONS line ... CROGHANS line ... line between WILLIAM DUNCAN and JOHN MURPHY ... containing 100 acres ...Attest: WILSON D CARPENTER, NATHANIEL H. BARNES, JOHN (x his mark) CARPENTER Signed: SAMUEL (x his mark) OXFORD, NANCY (x her mark) OXFORD ... Mrs. NANCY OXFORD ... relinquished her right of dower
Pg 169 This Indenture given this (blank) day of September ... 1828 between JOHN S. HARRIS and LUCINDA his wife of the county of Warren and state of Kentucky of the one part and JAMES K. WRIGHT of the county of Allen and state aforesaid of the other part ... in consideration of the sum of $110 .... sell ... unto the said WRIGHT... parcel of land situate in county of Allen and state aforesaid lying on the waters of the mid fork of Drakes Creek and bounded ... corner made between JOHN SMITH and DAVID HARRIS ... line of WILLIAM GIBSONS survey ... ELIJAH SHIELDS line ... supposed to be 60 acres ... Wit: JOHN WRIGHT, ELIJAH SHIELDS Signed: J.S. HARRIS, LUCINDA HARRIS ... recorded 3d day of November 1828
Pg 327-328 This Indenture made this 16th day of July 1830 between HENDERSON WHITE of Simpson County state of Kentucky of the one part and JOHN CARPENTER of the county of Allen and state aforesaid of the other part ... in consideration of the sum of $33.50 ... sell unto the said JOHN CARPENTER Sr. a certain tract of land lying in Allen County Kentucky on the middle fork of Drakes creek a part of M. HAWKINS survey and bounded ... corner of a 193 acre survey deed to EZEKIEL BENBOORK being a part of a 1000 acres survey patented to MARTIN HAWKINS ... corner to 100 acres now deeded to JESSE WRIGHT ... corner of a 93 acre survey sold to AMES EDWARDS ... containing 100 acres ... Test: JOHN CARPENTER Jr., THO HAM Signed: HENDERSON WHITE ...
Pg 328 This Indenture made ...this 17th day of July 1830 between JOHN HAGANS of Allen County and state of Kentucky of the one part and PHILIP WRIGHT of the county and state aforesaid .... in consideration of the sum of $100 ... sell ... unto the said PHILIP WRIGHT ... parcel of land lying .. in the county and state aforesaid containing by survey 25 acres ... bounded ... line between JOHN HAGINS and MOORE HINTON... to R. LANGSTONS line ... Test: F.A. CARPENTER, THO OLIVER Signed: JOHN HAGANS ....
Pg 329 This Indenture made ... this the 11th of August ... 1830 between JOHN RAGLAND and POLLY his wife of the County of Allen and state of Kentucky of the one part and REUBIN SHERRY of the county and state aforesaid of the other part .... in consideration of $200 ... convey unto the said REUBIN SHERRY ... parcel of land lying in the county of Allen and the waters of Trammels fork of Drakes creek containing 110 acres and bounded ... JARRELL WRIGHTS corner, also EDMUND ROGERSS corner ... HASBARD(?) HOODS line ... corner made between RICHARD PACE (?) and MARK JUSTICE ... including the plantation whereon the said JOHN RAGLAND now lives ... Test: WILL SHERRY, JULIUS MOORE Signed: JOHN RAGLAND, POLLY (x) RAGLAND
Pg 411-412 This Indenture made ... this 21st day of March ... 1831 between THOMAS GIBSON of the county of Hart and state of Kentucky of the one part and JESSE WRIGHT of the county of Allen and state aforesaid of the other part ... THOMAS GIBSON and POLLY his wife... in consideration of the sum of $130 ... sell...unto the said JESSE WRIGHT ... parcel of land in the county of Allen and state aforesaid on the waters of the middle fork of Drakes creek and bounded ... corner of JNO. CARPENTERS 400 acre survey part of a 1000 acre survey patented in the name of MARTIN HAWKINS ... corner to 193 acre survey being a part of said 1000 survey sold to EZEKIEL BENBROOK ... containing 100 acres ...being the same tract of land ... conveyed to said THOMAS GIBSON by SAMUEL S. BROOKING on 28th January 1824 ... Attest: JOHN WRIGHT, JOHN CARPENTER Sr., JOHN CARPENTER Jr. Signed: THOMAS (x his mark) GIBSON, POLLY (x her mark) GIBSON .... Kentucky Hart County .... POLLY GIBSON wife of the within named THOMAS GIBSON .... relinquished her right of dower ...
I AM STILL UNCERTAIN AS TO THE FATHER OF JOHN WRIGHT WHO MIGARATED TO ALLEN CO., KY.
SOME OF THE ABOVE HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN BY ME, BUT I AM VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE SOURCES.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|