Samuel Whorter Yongue of SC, born 1763 in MD, was a Presbyterian minister, Judge of the Ordinary (probate judge), Clerk of Fairfield County from 1797 to 1828, member of Mount Zion Socity and among first trustees of University of South Carolina.
He and Rebecca had at least eight children:
1. Nancy Malinda Yongue, born 1787, died 1835 married David Reid Evans;
2. Rachel Yongue, born c. 1790, died 1850, married Philip Edward Pearson;
3. Harriet R. Yongue, born 1791, died 1875 married General John Buchanan;
4. Maria E. Yongue, born 1794, died 1842, married Dr. Jack Shackelford of the Texas Revolutionary War fame;
5. Elizabeth Potts Yongue, born 1794 to Robert Bones. She is the mother of Malinda Bones, born 1807 who married Joseph Addison Woodward;
6. Alexander William Yongue, born c. 1799, died 1870/1, Marion Co., FL, married Mary Ann Ellison;
7. Jemima Margaret Ynogue, born 1800, died 1883, married Reverend Richard B. Cater; and
8. Samuel H. Yongue, born 1803 married Salina S.
I'll be glad to share information with anyone.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|